Thursday, January 2, 2014

Starting over

It has been a while since I have done any blogging (almost three years actually) and so I deleted the old blog and decided to start fresh. A quick update on the family: Tyler and I have been married almost 5 years now, it is going by so fast and though we have been through many trials together, there is no one I would have rather gone through it with. Em is becoming quite the diva, she is giving us a bit of sass but she more than makes up for it with snuggles and sweet moments. Mikey, my little man, holds a very special place in my heart. Don't get me wrong, Em will always be my baby girl but there is something about that bond between a mom and her little boy. He still is not sleeping all the great but I try to think of it as extra time to snuggle him at night, when it is just him and me. I am trying so hard to cherish these moments with them before they get to old to sit in my lap or give me kisses. They really are young for such a short time.
I hope to do better keeping this blog updated with our families journeys, especially our journey through the adoption process. I have been researching blogs, websites, and any pamphlets I can get my hands on but with the start of the new year it is time to take the steps to start searching out agencies, doing home studies, and filing paperwork…lots and lots of paper work. Just reading the blogs and watching youtube videos has made me misty eyed more than a few times. I am sure this journey will take its toll but how worth it is the end goal, when we will be able to see what ever face is meant to be added to our eternal family. I can't wait! 
I will probably post pictures every time I write, to me it is something I live for (other than my sweet family and my church), to hear the shutter and to share the moments I capture brings me great joy.






No comments:

Post a Comment