Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ain't no mountain high enough...


I have a mountain to climb people! What is it? No it is not the mountain of dishes or laundry as usual but instead my fear of photographing people. This mountain has been trying to push back my dreams for far to long. I am going to start taking photographs, of families, couples, kids and whatever other fun things I can find. Yesterday I posted onto a couple of local pages about a giveaway for a free family or couple photoshoot (to be done as weather warms). Eeek! That is a big step for me. I love taking pictures and being behind the camera but I need to get better at posing and guiding people through the photo shoot. Well there is no way to get better unless I practice. I would really like to be fully operational by next year. But will do a few free shoots and lots of discounted shoots this year to help build my portfolio. If you have seen my Facebook you know I love nothing more than taking photos of my family, especially these adorable and sweet kiddos of mine. However, I want to give that excitement and joy of my photographs to others too! 

I have spent the one or two extra hours a day that I have watching youtube videos of photographers that I admire and the tips that they give. Okay sometimes my insomnia makes me have the extra couple of hours a day, but hey, at least I am being productive with that time now. They have given me so many tips and I can not wait to put their advise into action! I hope one day to have the confidence to make videos giving tips to people like me, who just need a little more understanding of what looks good versus what looks great in a photo. Maybe one day I will even have admires, you know besides my sweet husband who I have convinced that I can do no wrong. ;) 
Something that actually helped me to want to jump in to photography again was something a friend of mine said. I told her that I was nervous about taking pictures of people besides my friends and family. She said: "I look at it as, hey, they like my pictures enough to ask me to take theirs, so what have I got to worry about?" (Thanks Kara!) Can you say, Ah Ha moment? They are coming to ME. They like my work and have a vast amount of other options, but they came to ME. So time to get over the whole, 'I am not good enough', speech and realize, I may not be top of my field…yet, but I am good enough! Here is to more new photography adventures. 
This new year thing has me wanting to change so many things! I am really digging it, sometimes a fresh year can really put things into perspective. Now I just have to keep up this attitude for the rest of the year. Wish me luck! I will post the link to my Facebook photography page {Simply Photography} incase anyone is interested. Happy New Year everyone, find what inspires you and go for it!


And here are just a few shots from my Sister in-laws wedding at the end of summer 2013!





3 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I can't wait to see all the photos I know you will be taking for other people. Oh, and I hope you don't mind that I'm now blog-stalking you. :-) P.S. How do I enter to win one of your session giveaways? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made my day Amber! I love your photos as well! If you like my photography page you will be able to see my post on when I will be doing the giveaways in the near future! I can't wait to blog-stalk you right back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Krystle, for being humble enough to have "A ha!" moments. That takes an open mind and heart. I'm so glad to see you making the most of life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete