Friday, June 13, 2014

Unexpected feelings

  As fathers day approaches my first thoughts go to my dear husband. He is such a great dad to our sweet children, he encompasses all the attributes a good father should have. However, after thinking about how I married a kick-butt man I think about my own father.
 
  When I think of my own father I get overwhelmed with emotion. He wasn't always the best person, he has done things that he shouldn't have, especially to my brother and I. That being said, I always knew he loved me. I am sure it was hard raising us as a single parent for so long. But he was always there for me and made me feel like I could accomplish anything with a lot of hardwork. Loosing him was so much harder than I ever thought it would be. I thought it would be almost like a relief, after all he had put me through I wasn't expecting to feel so torn up about it. I miss being able to call and talk to him about my situation and to get genuine advise on things, granted some of his advise was a little out there, but it always came from a place of love.

  I am glad that I was able to tell him how much I love him before he passed. Losing people you love is hard and confusing. There is no way I could accurately describe my emotions associated with losing my parents but it is like loosing a piece of yourself. I hope they are happy and thinking of me as much as I think of them. They are no longer in pain and are together after so long apart. I love and miss them a ton especially my dad. Happy fathers day to all the important guys in my life past and present.

1 comment: